The Campbell County Cemetery District is seeking a motivated, skilled and hard-working individual for a full-time groundskeeper position. Two years of applicable grounds/facility maintenance experience required. Preference will be given to ISA Certified Arborists.
The Campbell County Cemetery District located in Gillette Wyoming is responsible for the care and maintenance of 9 cemetery properties throughout Campbell County. Headquartered at the Mt. Pisgah Cemetery in Gillette and its 58 acres, most of the effort of the position is focused there. The district does actively maintain the other 8 cemetery properties throughout the county that span an area covering 4,000 square miles. We offer a rewarding work environment with unlimited room for professional growth that includes excellent pay and benefits.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares, and conducts all the functions required for respectful, dignified and professional burial services.
- Helps plan and execute the districts grounds, turf, irrigation, facilities maintenance and care using a variety of hand, power, light and heavy equipment.
- Will apply pesticide and herbicides with the qualifications of a private applicator license.
- Follows all applicable safety procedures.
- Assists other employees with the start-up and winterization, maintenance and repair of district irrigation systems.
- Works directly with seasonal employees, offering guidance and mentorship of the turf maintenance functions of the district by providing assistance and direction in maintaining district property in accordance with the standards set by the Sexton.
- Performs a variety of preventative and general maintenance tasks associated with all district equipment and facilities.
- Works with office staff, supervisor and other employees in understanding and relaying the information critical to burial and maintenance operations.
- Is available and subject to the districts on-call policy.
- Performs snow removal including plowing, blowing, shoveling as well as dispensing ice melting compounds.
- Plants, trims and maintains new and existing trees.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The Campbell County Cemetery District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. The district conducts pre-employment, random, and incident-based drug testing. A Clean MVR required.
District benefits include:
Competitive Wages (based on skills and experience). Opportunities for advancement. Professional development. Participation in the Wyoming Retirement System. 100% paid health dental, vision insurance for employees and families. 457 deferred compensation plan. Medical and dependent care FLEX accounts. Annual COLA & merit raises. Vacation. Floating Holidays, and paid on-call, as well as overtime, or comp-time.
Application deadline: 4:00 p.m. January 8, 2020