The Campbell County Cemetery District currently has an opening for one full-time groundskeeper position. We are currently seeking a motivated, skilled and hard-working individual for a full-time groundskeeper position in a fast-paced environment. It takes a special person to do what we do, and we’d like you to join our team. The Cemetery District offers competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, professional development and a full suite of medical and health benefits, as well as participation in the Wyoming Retirement System. Two years of applicable grounds/facility maintenance experience required. Salary is dependent on experience. Click on the links below for an application, salary bands, as well as job descriptions for level one or two groundskeeper based on experience and qualifications.
Application Deadline: November 20th, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares, and conducts all of the functions required for respectful, dignified and professional burial services.
- Helps plan and execute the districts grounds, turf, irrigation, facilities maintenance and care using a variety of hand, power, light and heavy equipment.
- Will apply pesticide and herbicides with the qualifications of a private applicator license.
- Follows all applicable safety procedures.
- Assists other employees with the start-up and winterization, maintenance and repair of district irrigation systems.
- Works directly with seasonal employees, offering guidance and mentorship of the turf maintenance functions of the district by providing assistance and direction in maintaining district property in accordance with the standards set by the Sexton.
- Performs a variety of preventative and general maintenance tasks associated with all district equipment and facilities.
- Precisely locates burial lot pins for grave location and monument setting.
- Works with office staff, supervisor and other employees in understanding and relaying the information critical to burial and maintenance operations.
- Is available and subject to the districts on-call policy.
- Performs snow removal including plowing, blowing, shoveling as well as dispensing ice melting compounds.
- Plants, trims and maintains new and existing trees.
The Campbell County Cemetery District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. The district conducts pre-employment, random, and incident based drug testing. A Clean MVR required.
District benefits include:
Competitive Wages (based on skills and experience). Opportunities for advancement. Professional development. Participation in the Wyoming Retirement System. 100% paid health and dental insurance for employees and families. 457 deferred compensation plan. Medical and dependent care FLEX accounts. Vacation. Floating Holidays, and paid on-call, as well as overtime, or comp-time.
Applications may be picked up at 804 S. Emerson. Gillette, WY 82716.